Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Monday Martin Luther King, Jr.

Glad that you were a struggler for the civil rights movement, Dr. Martin Luther King. You jumped into action and got involved in the civil rights issues of the time. I am so thankful that you took to the streets and made sure that blacks could ride the buses along with the whites. Nowadays, I see the fruits of your labors on the buses that I ride to and from work each day. Where I live is a melting pot of many cultures=that of the hispanics, immigrants and lower working class. I am glad that you took your beliefs and brought them to the world to see in a way that transformed not only our country of America but also that of the world. So, when I board my buses on Happy Monday, I will remember the dream that you had so so long ago.

No comments: