Friday, April 18, 2008

Michaelangelo visits Jesus

The phrase photo shoot/portrait got me to thinking of what it might have been like if Michaelangelo has been invited and commissioned to paint a portrait of the Reception of the Magi in Bethlehem. Of how he would have felt sitting beside the cradle of Jesus. Sitting amongst the stars and the heavens and in the close quarters of the inn with the animals inside.

And how He would have felt as he was given the assignment to follow this obscure man Jesus for 30 years who gave small hints of His Greatness. And then to burst onto the scene for 2 climatic years.

To try to capture the imago deo. The image of God. Yet the beauty is that God made that portrait of Us when He made man and woman at creation.

So I celebrate with my friend, Kristen, in her blog of her femininity . May we all take time to celebrate one another's uniqueness. To pause and make life better for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.