Thursday, January 13, 2005

Preparing for a trip

Many people in life take much time in preparing to move to new and bigger apartments and homes. Lists are made and vans are lined up and change of address labels are done.
This morning I meditated on how important it is to prepare for the final move after one's death. Heaven is a place that I am looking forward to, yet I do not spend as much time as I should in reflecting how great a place that it will be. In scripture, it states that no eye nor mind can comprehend how much God's love is for us in that He has gone ahead and prepared a place for us. I understand how great it is to have a place prepared since when I graduated from college, my parents had my apartment all set for me to move into and had built around me a neighborhood where I never have felt alone. That is what the angels and those who have influenced us have done in preparing our place in the heavenly realms. What a journey that will be when this life has been fully lived. May you be filled with peace and strength.

No comments: