Monday, January 01, 2007

the first day of the new year

Rolling over from the stomach to the knees and then crawling was a challenge when I was growing up. I had some challenges at that time. Even now that I am mature and an adult, the movement from the belly( old habits) to the knees( new transformed life) takes a lot of time since I like to hang around in the environments that I have been used to.

Why do our old habits die so hard. It is the terrain that we have grown accustomed to and are used to those ways and they are awfully hard to depart from. I only wish I could take a metal spade that has etched dirt marks from the past and get on my knees and dig out the rough spots. In the mind, it is a lot harder to replace those thoughts that just will not leave our minds in peace.

No comments: