Monday, June 01, 2009

setting sail

At church yesterday, there was a drama of a mother and daughter. The mom was frightened to leave the dock and set out to sea while the daughter was eager to begin her adventure out to sea.

The shoreline that I am comfortable with has many landscape features. I like being surrounded by my facebook account, my emails and my blogs that I read.

yet, sometimes I am afraid to get my apartment ready so I can have friends over to share a simple meal and myself and my God.

Help me God to untie my boat and get out in the world more and bring the world into mine so I can better embrace the lives of my dear friends and shed some of my heart onto them.

To make us all better people.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I like this metaphor, Scott.

I can be that way too, wanting to stay with the familiar.