Sunday, May 28, 2006

My Love to Write

Oh How I have been reminded of how I love to write. Often I neglect this love for the mundane things of the world to read of what others have written of it and yet fail to take a fresh look at my world to paint my response I have to it with pen and ink on a sheet of paper or by keys at the computer to make music to my words.

I was interviewed once by the paper of why I attended my local writing workshop in Bridgeport and I said that I love to write. That is what the reporter quoted my saying. Yet looking back on my last few months, I have written a few pieces and have taken meaningless scribbles down on what I have seen and read. If only I cold connect those dots on a broader scale to make a masterpiece for others to see.

Just as in the show, StarTrek, the men and women of the Enterprise boldly went where no man went before. Just as in my words as composer to my life, I vow to go where no man may have gone or may have passed by without really looking as is sometimes the case.

Let us remember that it is the process of reflecting that is important and to keep the water flowing. Do not let the dam of doubt of ones importance block the flow of ideas. Let the ideas rush over the top of the waterfall with a crescendo that makes a bold sound and music in our lives.

I am ready, Maestro Lord to compose for you!!!

So I untie my boat and start to row with my two oarlocks in place. Not having the fear that one may break off along the Way.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I know the feeling there never seems to be enough time to finish the thoughts that I have floating around in my head. Getting them down and writing is a joy of mine if only there was more time.

Len said...

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
Cyril Connolly

When you write, you give your readers a chance to look into the inner workings of your mind and heart. The act of putting thoughts on a page forces you to evaluate your ideas more objectively than when you merely think about them. For that reason, creative writing is the sweetest agony known to man.
Howard G. Hendricks

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug.
Mark Twain