Saturday, May 13, 2006

Life as a fairy tale

How interesting it would be to tie our lives to a fairy tale and make it to a more modern one at that. Which is the fairytale to choose is the tough question. It was suggested at my last writing workshop by the facilitator yet I failed to give it full attention. What first comes to mind is that of Goldilocks and the three bears. Not that I would be Goldlilocks, but a combination of the three bears.
It can be tough to make a decision on what to do with ones free time in life. Especially in the area of how to schedule multiple hours on a saturday when in the past I used to define that day in the office for almost 6 years. I have grand plans for the day, yet I fail to accomplish much-frittering away on the computer or sitting in front of the television not always accomplishing a lot. It would be a great opportunity to be more proactive in what I do.
When it comes to the bears, there is the complaint by one that the porriage is not well enough done. Our lives are similiar to the bowl of porriage in that our days are filled with ingredients that are tenderized with boiling water. And at times oatmeal does not always have the right consistency. But persistence is needed with the oatmeal and the enjoyment can take on different levels of intensity.

And having to commute daily, I feel sometimes like Little Red Riding Hood going through the forest going to her Grandmother's house on a journey. I remember growing up as a child going to my grandmother's house several times a year after she became a widow. It was always good to see her be hospitable to my parents and myself and other family members. It gave me a window to what she must have been like as a parent raising 5 young children.
So as I reflect across the aisles of my buses, I see a reflection of how the lives of the commuters might be. We are all on that journey=looking forward to what will be behind the doors we open-whether it be family or commerce or relaxation.

Reflections are always welcome to my thoughts. Peace,scott

No comments: