Saturday, December 05, 2009

The ADVENTure

this is the season of advent. Or another way to put it...advent ur ous living. A time to begin anew the walk in faith and also to belong to it in community. When I reflect on the way that God brought about the holiday of Advent, He bore Jesus through Mary at the time of Easter, a time of springing forth and renewal of the earth. A time when seeds must die in order to be brought to life and then on Christmas, Jesus was born to the Blessed Mary to renew the cycle of life and death.

For this Christmas, it is a tough time being down to just mom and not dad. For dad has become part of the very basis of how he started- as dust returns to dust. Or as some movies put it, star dust, the stuff of wonders. That is what I would rather call it.

so I will get on my sled and take the adventure. Avoiding the trees and pushing from behind the sled with snow soaked gloves as I propel the sled forward. Getting some of the white wet snow clinging to my hands, already slightly numb from the deepening cold. Seeing the breath hang upon the winter air. Oh to be a kid again. But now I have the maturity to bless others and understand Him much more deeply. Or times to barely grasp the essence of God at all.

Peace and blessings to the reader. As you live out the advent season. Heading toward Lent as well. To this lent life from Him above.

scott

No comments: