Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reaching out to a new era of Hope

This marks the seventh year of our nations thrust onto the world stage with a conflict thrown at us to our front door. to a horror heard on the airwaves, seen on the street corner and heard within the cries of the human heart.

09 11 are two non-consecutive numbers that have struck at our soul. To have a day universally known to all.

Not all were so lucky. but my family was with my cousin and his company getting out alive and the chance to run the marathon home-of which he won. He established his family with his wife with two healthy children.

a remembrance of mine is when I headed back to the bus station from a visit to Boston. My cousin Izzy played a video of her playing the piano singing they are singing our song with the inscribed date of 09-11-01 on the phone. That interplay still causes me to think. Hard to figure out the whole meaning of why such a tragedy would strike us at all.

Yet, we are a high profile country.

But no matter where one stands, May God bless this country and all of our work.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad for your family that your cousin made it out safely.

And I think it's impossible to completely figure out the whys. All we can do is each live as faithfully as we can.