Saturday, May 10, 2014

An inspirational Voice

Voice is all about breath. Whatever we do in life causes our ideas to expand and grow.
This breath brought about the life in the beginning can be all about magic.

Voice is what all singers have and is what empowers them.

They have the power to halt and the power to soar.


There was a pepsi song long ago that mentioned, "we will teach the world to sing in perfect harmony."

Voice is that stage for singers  and is what empowers them.

They have the power to halt and the power to soar the audience.  To bring us to a moment's rapture and then to a moment's pause.

I love going to concerts and have attended several memorable concerts where singers have graced the stage.
My first one at the Arena at Harbor Yard was to see Sarah Brightman. That summer our family rented a cottage in Maine and on one of the shelves there was a Sarah Brightman CD and we listened to it and were mesmerized. Later that autumn, I saw advertised in the paper for the Arena Sarah Brightman's Harem Tour.  It felt as if I was suspended in mid air as I sat in section 100 directly across from where Sarah soared into the air and where her dancers moved as she performed her classic operatic songs.  I was disappointed that there were only about 1,200 in attendance for she could have commanded a much larger audience.

Another concert that I went at the Arena was Andre Bocelli for the winter skating special that aired on NBC.  That too was magical with Andre's singing and the skaters dancing amidst the scenes of the winter backdrop.

A final magical concert was Carrie Underwood's Blown Away tour which had images shot on the screen of houses and possessions being blown away by hurricanes. Being swept up into the magic of the moment. And fantastic images of words and pictures perfectly themed to the music being presented.

There was a Pepsi song long ago that mentioned, "we will teach the world to sing in perfect harmony."
Voice is what brings about that all about.  To that we need to gather more to unite our voices and create magical moments. I did that when I was in elementary school and we got to sing in a vocal concert. Our class sang a couple of numbers and I had fun memorizing the songs and then singing them.  And after the concert, I was exhausted from singing and to relax my voice, my Mom made me hot chocolate so I could relax at the kitchen table and reflect on how much fun I had.

Even the famous NBC show Voice  has ordinary citizens competing for the top prize and a chance for big bucks and a spot on a national stage and show of their own.  I love the red chairs and how the judges push the big red buttons to turn their chairs around to show their liking of a given song.
And one of the KEnnedy Center Cabarets I attended had audience cast votes for the best performer for each of the halves of the performance.

No comments: