Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lost and Found

As I walk the city streets, I will find the periodic penny on the streets and I love to pick up the pennies and claim that as my asset. Small in value but then it begins to have value for me.

For the past few years, it seems that I am gifted in the lost and found department.
Just today, I decided to take a short cut to get to the Fairfield History Museum to go down one side of the triangle but I ended up taking twice as long to my destination and got corrected and back on track and arrived on time to the event.

And on Saturday, I went down the wrong side of the street for about 4 minutes until I realized I had to cross on the other side of the street.

And then there are the times when it can be hard to find the cell phone camoflagued on the desk or the important file left somewhere.

The good news is that all of the stuff gets found. It is just that it takes so much darn time to locate things occasionally!!

That is why there should be a lost and found compartment in our brains. To locate and find those thoughts and memories that fly from our brain. Or to retrieve that key word or phrase which would make everything else just fall together.  We could call it a thought retriever GPS!!!

But there is no such contraption that I have yet found.
It would be nice to find one though.  Maybe it will be found in my lifetime and would be such a gift for those who have debilitating illnesses with memory loss.

Or to find and reclaim the time that was lost.

But I am thankful in my faith world that God places great value in being found. Especially for the sheep and other examples in the parables of people and things being found.

Look at the celebration that occurs over the lost coin being found by the poor woman and how the lost prodigal son is found when he comes home to the Father and a party is thrown for him.

So I will continue to go through my life. In its moments of lostness but also in the moments of celebrating how I made it through the day despite getting lost or maybe confused. Of how I can help someone find themselves as they navigate a particular course of their lives.
And I look forward greatly to that time when I clearly find the landing field to land my plane on the ground and not continually circle overhead.

But then I look at Moses and his 40 year trek through the wilderness as he wandered in those circles and had plenty of time to think about life.
Just as I did in the Harbor Yard Arena a few years back and how I came to the word picture of networking being "work being found placed in a net"

But I am thankful that I found some time to reflect on that little fact of life and the value of being found.

And how thankful mom and dad and my therapists were early on to find the time to help me so that I can navigate on my own every day. To get lost and to be found. To be safe in the arms of our Heavenly Father.

No comments: