Thursday, December 22, 2011

Feeling like an Acorn

There are those times when I just feel like an acorn. Times like these.
I do see the growth that is occurring within me. But as many have said recently in my job groups, the process of networking and personal growth takes so long!!!!

what I find amazing is that within that little acorn which has a compact octagonal shape is great storehouse of potential just ready to crack open and set down that first root and then from there grow a strong trunk and wide reaching boughs and onto those boughs form little arms with leaves sprouting from them. It can take 50 to 100 years to grow such a tree. All from a tiny acorn.

Lord, help me have the patience that I need to nurture my oak sapling and the other saplings that are in the forest of job or personal transformation. Let me water them with kind words and appreciative deeds so that a great canopy can cover us in this life.

No comments: