Saturday, May 15, 2010

Count on Life

This piece is dedicated to those who may be a little down and need to be lifted a little higher up!!!

It has been a little easy to get myself down lately. Having one less family member around. Did dream of a good tribute in the New York Times with an ad taken out on my dad.
Only wish it were true but in a way Dad did make it to facebook when my uncle published photos he took to the page.

Looking ahead towards life, I thought of the phrase, "count on life~~~~"

Scrambling around the letters of life, we come up with the field of dreams. As in that movie, the narrator says, if they build it , they will come. We need to be good builders of this life and then people will follow us.
Remember how people follow Jesus whenever He went from one town to the other.

Another word, file, pops out from within the word, life. File away those memories that we have of one another. Tuck them aside so we can pull them out of our memory banks and celebrate the goodness of God in our lives.

And a famous explorer comes to mind, Leif Ericson, who is thought to be the first explorer to see America before Columbus.

It is so important to stay focused on this life and not what we lack. We always are going to come up short whether it is by a length at the Preakness or by inches in a 90 yard dash. Life does disappoint at times but in the scriptures, it states,"Hope does not disappoint us" from Romans 5:5.

Life has great meaning whether it is the rays of light that come pulsing through the window or even seeing the horses race in the shadows on a black and white television set, a rare dinosaur from 1974.

Let us all have courage to take the saddles on our lives, for they can be rocky and bouncy. But we are in this race together and we all will be in the winner circle when the race has been run!!!!

Let us keep our eyes upon Jesus, the author and finisher of our race!!~!

Be blessed !!!

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hi, Scott. This was an upbeat post. I like the reminder to file away memories of the people we love.

Sorry I have been around. I'm not reading anybody's blog lately--I'm working two jobs and taking two classes, so I just don't have time. I appreciate that you've stopped by my blog and still think of me.

I don't know yet if I will restart blogging later. I'm still praying about it.

bro twan said...

Praise God brother! That is very inspiring. Great thought and depth to your words. I will try earnestly to keep up with your work sir. Be blessed in the mighty name of Yeshua! Shalom.