Sunday, October 12, 2008

I am in the waiting room, Ding ding....

Ding. Ding. I get up and pace around. I am waiting for a response behind the window. I don't see any responses yet.

Life is like this vignette. It is hard to grasp what is happening back in the offices and examining rooms. I am having trouble piecing together how God is working in my life and the life of my friends and family.

I know that God is in control. but change is happening very very slowly for me. I guess it is to build patience. But I wish it were to move faster.

So I could see some results.

Lord, build within my heart a sense of patience and a willingness to step out in faith more; It seems as if the experiment with mankind has failed a bit . Yet, God , you have always had this problem with mankind. And I thank you,, Lord, for remedying that problem with Jesus who you put on the cross so we would have direct access to you.

When I was at a reception for a friend's wedding, I saw a wood carved sign with the name of Jesus etched within it. When looking closely at it, It looked like a maze. And I could not recognize what it said. Then when I looked away at a different angle, your name came crystal clear. Lord, Help me to look at all the angles in my life as I approach you and I want your name to come clearer into focus as I search you out in the details of my life.

So that your experiment is successful to those you have entrusted me to minister to.

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I sometimes think of my life as being like a winding road. I can't see what's beyond the next curve, but God can. It's hard to wait for changes, but sometimes we have to be content with baby steps. I hope you see some progress soon.