Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. The leaves have almost fallen to the ground. We have had a little longer to enjoy the season with the leaves still gracing the trees until almost the end of November. We have not had the carpet of leaves on the ground as in some autumns but have been blessed by a later than normal appearing autumn.
Seasons are a part of our lives. They are times to remember that the most important things in our lives are our families and friends and talents. When I think of family, I am most thankful for my cousin who was unharmed and escaped the twin tower in the city on 9-11. And to have had time to spend with his family on thanksgivings as a united and not divided family is most special.
Friends like Gary who shares my same last name and shows support and encouragement to what I do even when in mourning for someone who he lost this year.
And I am thankful for the gifts that God has given to me for expressing myself through language.
Thanks be to Him for all the wonderful gifts.

No comments: